Top 5 Sewing Gift Ideas

If you're reading this blog post, you've probably already watched my YouTube video which suggests 5 items which I would recommend as a gift for someone who sews. If you haven't seen the video you can check that out here.

I haven't been asked by anyone to promote these items, I just thought it would make a fun and helpful video.

1. Thimble Desk Tidy by Wild & Wolf
https://www.fredaldous.co.uk/products/giant-thimble-tidy-silver?gclid=Cj0KCQiAl8rQBRDrARIsAEW_To-siMXJNWAhqsWjt0nrkNRt-2Kp-UCmljVab7vKQItfT189jlxtJJQaAgnKEALw_wcB
I got mine as a gift from a friend last Christmas but you can get one from Fred Aldous for £10.

2. Ditsy Rose Print Adjustoform
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adjustoform-5900A-8-Part-Adjustable-Dressmakers/dp/B00DREDL5W/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511214417&sr=8-1-fkmr2&keywords=rose+print+adjustable+dummy
Again, mine was gifted to me last year by my fiance but you can get one from Amazon for £99.99.

3. Thread Rack
https://www.amazon.co.uk/KING-DO-WAY-Thread-40x18-5x27-5cm/dp/B0719BJTV8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511214616&sr=8-1&keywords=thread+rack
I got my first thread rack as a gift from my fiance last Christmas and have since bought myself a second because I find it so useful. This one holds 60 spools and can be found on Amazon for £16.99 (at the time I post this). You can find similar by searching "Thread Rack" or "Thread Holder" on Amazon or Ebay.

4. Paper Trimmer
I found this one at Staples for £9.59 or there are cheaper on Ebay for £5.99. I would recommend getting something more robust, over a cheaper version. Top tip is to make sure it will handle A4 paper, as there are some out there which are much larger and occasionally some that are smaller.

5. Dress Makers Paper (Tracing Paper)
https://jaycotts.co.uk/products/prym611278_paper#.WhNShXmkLIU
I got mine from Jaycotts for £19.95 for 50 meters and I use it all the time. I've struggled to find a smaller quantity for such good value anywhere else. It's excellent for tracing as well as drafting or making adjustments. Jaycotts do free postage over £25 so it might be worth picking yourself up some machine needles or something while you're there.

If you've got any comments or questions, please pop over to the YouTube video and leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment